Thursday 15 August 2013

Words

  So, I have a blog. This is new. I've been kind of meaning to make one for a while, and then a friend made one earlier so I thought I'd tag a long and see how it goes. Hopefully this will encourage me to write more, so long as I actually remember to post.

  Anyway, my name is Rachel, hello! I'm in love with storytelling, whether in the form of a novel, a poem, a film, a play, a photo, pretty much all of them. Words hold a particular power, they can pull you right in, captivate you for days, casting a kind of haze over reality even after you finish a story. I tend to read fantasies, sci-fi and historical novels, basically avoiding reality as much as possible- books about real people in real situations in the present day just seem to bore me, I can see that any time I want, so why read about it? Though it's probably just reality that I find dull, everything is better with imagination and creativity.

  When I manage to motivate myself I love storytelling myself, usually short stories, and hopefully I'll start writing more often over the next year and put up stories regularly on here. I also write (or will write when I get round to it) music reviews on Skeplunk, and I may do book reviews etc on here- I might be changing my course to English so I should probably try writing all sorts of things. So this blog will just be whatever takes my fancy really. Which is kind of the point of a blog. Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment